- present participle of author
- The process of creating the content of a document or other
item, i.e., writing
- The result of this process; a writing or
Usage notesThe sense of the process of composition is very
common in computing and multimedia. Also often in attribution: an
authoring tool, i.e. a tool used for authoring.
- 1995, Hazel Henderson, Paradigms in Progress
- Hence our readings and subsequent authorings tend to be partial
and one sided, [...]
- 1999, Edward W Soja, Postmetropolis
- While these authorings have not gone uncontested, unopposed,
unresisted, they have been hegemonic.
- 2003, A. Robert Lee, Multicultural American Literature
- English-language authorings offer a complement.
- 2004, Lee Purcell, Making DVDs
- The DVD authoring in this process relies on providing a digital
master of the video and a time-coded VHS cassette to the person
handling the authoring.